Wednesday, April 29, 2009

WONDERING....

  • How does any company think someone can live off of $7.75/hour??? I had a job interview today and the rate of pay was that.. but wait! Training - $6/hour, job shadowing - $6.75, assistant youth worker - $7.00/hour & the job I applied for $7.75/hour - all of course passing probation of 90 days and IF there's an opening then...
  • Still haven't received my 1st unemployment check - called today - will be calling tomorrow
  • Had a GREAT time in Washington, D.C. with my best friend, Ken! Even met a guy there, from Ghana!! His name is Kotey and he calls me at least 2x a day with a text message or two throughout the day... we will see....
  • Marvin - NY man - is communicating more ever since I decided to back up off that! He's talking about how much he misses me...blah blah blah....gotta work for this one dear one... put in the work to SHOW ME you serious!!!
  • Will I ever get a job to be able to support myself????

I miss my friends and family....

3 comments:

  1. wow. He calls that much? That is very awesome!!! Yes, you will get a job eventually... hey, that is great about unemployement!!.... maybe you can live off of that for awhile when you finally start getting the checks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey mam,
    Happy Belated Mother's Day!! I am not sure how anyone can live on minimum wage...that just means minimum ADDITIONAL wage where more than one person/job supports them- keep on lookin girl. I interviewed for a teaching job last Fri. Felt good about it but won't hear for 2 weeks...we'll see. God does have a plan we just have to wait to find out what it is sometimes :-) thinkin' of ya !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you GG!! Thank you for the Happy Mother's Day wishes... Happy Mother's Day to you as well!!! I'm so sorry to wish that to you earlier.. I'm a space cadet here lately!!! Let me know about the job interview and I think of you as well....
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete