Wednesday, May 4, 2016

The Progress....

As I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary of beginning my healthy journey, I look back and am amazed at myself for how far I have come.  When I started this journey, I was NOT motivated, happy, or had anything to look forward to. I never thought I would be able to complete 1-2 miles, but here I sit, just completing my 2nd 10K (6.2 miles) and training for my FIRST 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles)!







This was at my very first MRTT event - the BUDDY RUN. I had the pleasure of run/walk with Nancy Pearson, a veteran of this WONDERFUL group! In these pictures, it was a 5K...

I try not to get discouraged, as every event that I participate in, I'm usually DEAD LAST! But I have to remember what my dear friend Sonya Wynne told me on my very 1st 5K... "You'll NEVER be last. You are beating everyone that is still in bed, on the couch, or even here on the sidelines cheering people on." Thank you Sonya....I carry that with me ALL the time....even in training...

So here's to the PROGRESS and trusting the PROCESS....

2 comments:

  1. Hey girly. I see you doing your thing. Every day we get closer and closer to our next goal. Im glad you see all the hard work you have done and Im glad your doing it for all the right reason. Keep running and moving, and remember theres no rush on the time, Its your race! Your Pace! Your time. As you get better you will beat all previously set record. =) #run2improve "Your mind, body & soul."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Josue! BOTH of us are doing it! :) I'm blessed and thankful for you!

      Delete