Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Being excited and scared at the same time....

Here it is....I'm a week and a half away from my first 1/2 marathon. Am I ready? I don't FEEL ready. Is my body ready? Probably not. But is my MIND ready? YOU BET!

When approaching any circumstance in your life that you have been training for, studying, preparing for... you are going to be excited AND scared at the same time. It's natural.

But what do we DO with that excitement and nervousness is key.  I cannot let the distance (13.1 miles) psych me out. I cannot let the time frame (16 mm - 16 minute mile) overwhelm me. All I CAN do is put one foot in front of the other, ENJOY the mile that I'm in at that moment, LOVE my music that is in my ears, and just BREATHE.

So, just like anything else in life, all we can do is put one foot in front of the other, ENJOY the mile (life's circumstance) that I'm in at that moment, and just BREATHE.  I encourage you to do the same. 

JUST BREATHE.....




 

No comments:

Post a Comment