Saturday, December 14, 2019

Challenge Accepted...

I sit here in the Wisconsin cold (high of 15 today) and my coach has challenged me to still do the marathon...maybe not in Nov, but next spring - Spring 2021 - I'll still be 50 and will be able to do a marathon that has a longer completion time than 5 hours... one with at least 6-7 hours.

So, my goal for THIS year is to do a sub-3 half marathon in Nov in Vegas.. that will give me a good idea of what the marathon will look like in the Spring.

She has seen others that have more serious injuries and scoliosis than I do and did a marathon - it was hard. It was painful. But THEY COMPLETED IT! I just have to train really hard, but take my time with it...not to rush the process.

Here's to marathon training - AGAIN, but just for a different time.

What goals do you have that maybe need to be pushed back, but still able to complete??

No comments:

Post a Comment