Sunday, September 4, 2016

Because HE is watching me.....

Today I was due for a long run but I wasn’t well. I had a migraine. I've been fighting one for about 3 days now.  My migraine has subsided but I wasn’t feeling all that great to kill the run today.

About midway through, it finally hit me. I stopped my run and sat on the ground. I kept thinking, why…why do I have a headache/migraine EVERY DAY? There has to be a reason. Is it because I am strong enough to handle all of this? Am I really a pain warrior? Is it because I can fight it through?

As I start feel defeated, my little man Lincoln, sees me with my head in my hands and says “Mama what’s wrong? Are you ok? Do you have another headache?” Today, I let him see what I go through…

I told him that my head was hurting a lot and it was interrupting my running, but that wasn’t going to stop me from continuing. I told him that it felt like an elephant was sitting on it. "You can do it Mama, I'm here with you.” I decided that I will not let these migraines beat me. I know I have the power to over come and beat them to the ground. Yes it hurts, yes it’s tough and yes it makes me cry, but knowing that I am stronger than these migraines makes it worth it.

You never know who is watching and who might be inspired by your strength, your journey, or your struggles. Keep going for your dreams and goals. Never EVER give up on yourself or your goals. Yes, at times it’s easier said than done. Believe me, I know that. When I feel like my strength reserves are running low, something always happens and they are charged right up. My little got me through my 5 miles today and I finished because of him. He gave me the strength and motivation I needed, because he believes in me so much, and was watching me VERY closely.

I work hard to make him proud. I work hard so he sees what it takes to get to your dreams. Nothing in life is easy. When you are dealing with migraines it makes life five times harder, but that doesn’t mean you have to give in it. You get up and lace your shoes to battle them because you inspire the little ones. They look up to you and want to be the superhero you are when they look at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment