Thursday, May 12, 2016

The I LOVE the 80's 10K...

I entered to do the I <3 10k="" 1="" 2016.="" 80="" a="" aaaaannnnndddd="" actually="" big="" colorful="" different="" group="" i="" just="" ladies="" love="" may="" mommy="" my="" of="" on="" p="" race="" rest.="" running="" s="" than="" the="" them="" this="" tutu="" was="" with="" wore="">Love the 80's Run 10K on Sunday, May 1, 2016. What is different about this was, was that I was able to run with a group of ladies from my MRTT group. 

<3 10k="" 1="" 2016.="" 80="" a="" aaaaannnnndddd="" actually="" big="" colorful="" different="" group="" i="" just="" ladies="" love="" may="" mommy="" my="" of="" on="" p="" race="" rest.="" running="" s="" than="" the="" them="" this="" tutu="" was="" with="" wore="">





 Out of that group, there was my sweet running buddy, Mae Iverson! I just love her! She not only runs my pace, but her encouragement and positive attitude really helped me out! Around mile 5, we were both feeling negative, tired, "why did we do this?", but she and I brought it home together!







Mae and I were able to talk about life, goals, frustrations, accomplishments, Lincoln, just good stuff! Then right about 1:58:36, we were able to cross the finish line with some of our sweet MRTT (Mothers Run This Town) took off their numbers and brought us home!

It was grueling. It was amazing. It was eye opening and refreshing. I was able to talk out my fears and hesitations about doing the SF Diva 1/2 marathon on June 5th.

THANK YOU MAE for your encouraging words and your faith in me. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment