Thursday, May 12, 2016

Moving PAST the hurts....

I was going on a brisk walk with one of my mommy friends on her lunch hour, and we had a very nice conversation about life's hurts, struggles, and mishaps.  As we were going into mile 2, I noticed that my body was starting to hurt - feet going numb (AGAIN), back a little stiff, hips sore...all signs of an old woman trying to get healthy (LOL)...

When I was listening to my girlfriend in what her struggles are and have been, I kept thinking, "But you've moved past the pain and kept moving forward"... WHAT A CONCEPT! Yes, we need to listen to our bodies, but when you've listened and the Dr's have listened and there's nothing you can do really, it's pushing past the pain. So, when I start hurting, getting sore, stiff, whatever it may be in the middle of my "run", I have to remember that I need to move THROUGH and PAST the pain for the ultimate goal that I set out for myself. Yes, take rests when necessary. Yes, stretch well. Yes, hydrate. Even when all of those things have happened and you STILL hurt, move past the pain.

So the moral of the story is: When you hurt, move past the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment