Sunday, May 1, 2016

Getting rid of self-talk....

I just finished the I LOVE the 80's 10K in Roseville, CA today. As I was out there STRUGGLING at mile 5, I noticed that I was starting to have that negative self talk that goes on in EVERYONE'S head at some point or another.  The "WHY am I doing this?" "I'm too fat to be doing this." "You are doing so much to your body, feet are numb, legs are jello, and it's hard for you to breathe."





But here's the thing, if we listen to that negative self-talk all the time, NONE of us would accomplish any of the goals that we have set out for ourselves. We cannot let our negative self-talk come into play when we are in the process of making a goal that we have set before us.

The more that I get out and run/walk, the more I learn about myself and how it relates to life in every aspect.

So, when the negativity starts up, and it will, we need to replace it with the reminders of WHY we have this goal in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment