Monday, June 6, 2016

My FIRST 1/2 Marathon - Diva's in San Francisco, CA - JUNE 5, 2016

I know that I had been talking about my 1/2 marathon coming up in San Francisco for quite some time now.... WELL... it was this past weekend.



Going in, I was crazy nervous, scared, unsure, excited all rolled up into one...
But with the help of my MRTT (Mothers Run This Town) crew and a host of others, I went in KNOWING that my tribe was not only supporting me, but ROOTING for me. THAT made all the difference in the world. 

So, I was behind the pace (had to maintain a 16mm and I was at 17-17:30) and had to be "picked up" and moved forward (to stay on pace for traffic reasons) 4 times!!!! UGH!!! But at least they didn't pull me out! So I was hurting at about mile 8-9 and was ready to conk out, but then I remembered that my DIVAS were going to be waiting for me (along with a girlfriend that flew out from San Antonio, TX to do this with me and her Mama from Auburn) and had to keep pushing. With feet issues and in SERIOUS feet pain on the balls of my feet, I kept pushing... kept thinking about my girls at the end.... at mile 11, all I could think about was seeing one of my beautiful, precious girlfriend's face and that's what kept me pushing forward....that and just wanting OFF THE COURSE, I kept pushing....

Then I heard the "THERE'S TRAYCEE B!!!! TRAYCEE B!!!!" The cheers, the pain, the sense of accomplishment of completing left me balling like a baby and knowing that I left EVERYTHING out there on the course. I completed in 3:44:02... under the 4 hour time limit that I set for myself! :)



To have my tribe out there rooting for me and I for them - made this an AMAZING experience (the hardware is pretty phenom as well)....



I actually feel really good and recovered really GREAT!!! The balls of my feet are tender due to blisters (still trying to figure out how to combat that), but other than that - I'M GOOD!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment