Friday, May 5, 2017

Seeing Health and being Free!

As I continue to read, "Healthy and Free" by Beni Johnson, I am realizing more and more how I have allowed food to keep me hostage to how I feel about myself. I didn't really realize that I had negative thoughts and feeling about and towards myself, because of my weight. By going to counseling, I am dealing with the emotional issues that have happened and I chose to overeat to mask the hurt/pain.

Today, in Chapter 3, it talks about being God's Art. WHOA. Never thought about myself as God's Art.  Here are excerpts from the chapter:

*THE GREAT DESIGNER* - We are designed by God, who is the greatest artist of all time. We are fashioned with great care and much detail. YOU are God's BEST piece of art. The word "intertwined" means connected and linked together - the mind, body, and spirit cannot be separated.

*SAVING THE BEST FOR LAST* - Many of us are familiar with the story of creation. In 6 days, God created the heavens and the earth and all things in it. What I find intriguing is that God waited to create His most intricate, complex, and best creation last - US! HE saves the best for last! He is as the Master Designer. God loves details. We know this because the Scriptures tell us that not only does God care about us passionately, He even knows the exact number of hairs of our heads! Out of all the beauty and wonders that God has created in this world, we are HIS very best workmanship.

*TRIUNE BEING*  - There is no separation between our bodies, souls, and spirits. We have to see ourselves as this WHOLE being, and appreciate how God made us, without elevating one part over another. We are His great design.

The beauty of how God has designed us, and it gave me a greater incentive to want to take care of this temple that God has specifically given to me to live in - we're the only one who can take care of our own temple. The Lord will reveal to you just how perfectly crafted you are - that you are HIS best work. 


WE ARE HIS ARTWORK AND MASTERPIECE! BELIEVE THAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment