Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Inspiring Health and Fitness....

So it has been a long while since I last posted. So many things have happened since then.

Lincoln is now 6 years old, in Kindergarten, and oh so very smart!


In April of 2015, I was let go from my job at Pacific Gas & Electric Company, after 3 years of service.  I was getting depressed and finding myself going down a very dark hole. I had to ask myself what things I wanted to accomplish in my life. I wanted to complete a full marathon! That's 26.2 MILES!!! So, I started on my health and fitness journey. My very first 5K event was July 4, 2015 at the Folsom Firecracker with my good friend Sonya Wynne. She has been VERY instrumental in my health and fitness lifestyle goals.







The first race of many more to come this year... I shocked myself in the fact that I actually finished the race!!!

Since that first race on July 4, 2015, I went on to do the Color Run (Aug 2015) in Sacramento...




Then in Sept 2015, there was the Biggest Loser in Las Vegas, NV...




and then the Night Run....

 
I've been having fun doing these races, but boy, are they EXPENSIVE!!!  After the Night Run, there was the Roseville Turkey Trot in Nov 2015 - MY VERY FIRST 10K - EVER!!! And I was the last one to come in and cross the line - they were tearing down the finish line as I was coming up to cross - but I CROSSED!





Dec-March has been pretty quite on the race front. I did join a mother's running group called Mothers Run This Town. I'm training for my VERY FIRST 1/2 MARATHON (13.1 miles y'all!) on June 5, 2016 in San Francisco. Pictures will be posted in a separate post as I talk about the experience.

HERE'S TO OUR HEALTH, FITNESS, AND NEW LIFESTYLE!  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment