Monday, April 25, 2016

Peace during the storm...

Yesterday, I was out with some of my running mama's and we got together to originally do 6.1 miles (a 10K). Well, as we were approaching to get to our 1/2 way point, it started to thunderstorm.

As I was making my way back to the "starting point", I was thinking about the thunderstorms of life. Do I retreat when a thunderstorm starts or do I plow forward to get through the storm of life. How do I handle the storms of life? Do I try to get a handle on things by myself or do I allow God to take control of the storm? It's a reminder that I need to let God be in control of the storms, as He knows about them to begin with AND knows the outcome! I know that I would be more at peace during the stormy times in life by allowing God to weather the storm with me - as I lean into Him!

It's amazing to me to see how I can use my running experiences with life experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment